Ankara: Our Military Operations Will Continue And Baghdad Should Not Allow Terrorists’ Presence On Its Territory

The Turkish Foreign Ministry summoned the charge d’Affaires of the Iraqi embassy in Ankara and told him that Turkish army operations against “terrorism” outside the border would continue firmly.

A spokesman for the Turkish Foreign Ministry, Hami Aksoi said in a statement that the charge d’Affaires of the Iraqi Embassy in Ankara Issam Mohammed had been summoned to the ministry.

“Turkey will continue its operations against PKK,” he told the Iraqi diplomat.

He said that the Iraqi embassy’s charge d’Affaires was informed that “the statement issued on Saturday by the Iraqi side cannot be accepted on the basis of allegations of civilian casualties during Turkey’s operations against PKK.”

He explained that the statement of the Kurdistan Regional Government held “PKK” responsibility for the operation carried out within the regions of the Kurdistan, while the statement of the federal government in Baghdad did not even refer to “PKK”.

He stressed that this statement “is not consistent with the positive momentum that began in relations between the two countries through high-level visits in the recent period.”

He also confirmed that the ministry informed the charge d’Affaires that “Turkey respects the sovereignty of Iraq; therefore Baghdad should not allow the presence of terrorists on its territory.”

Source: National Iraqi News Agency