– Compact form factor backhaul solution enables ease of use for street level small cell deployments –
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois, Feb. 12, 2014 / PRNewswire – Cambium Networks™, a global leading provider of wireless broadband solutions, today debuted PTP 650S, a new sub-6 GHz point-to-point (PTP) wireless backhaul solution tailored for small cell networks. With a smaller form factor, PTP 650S reliably and securely handles modern network complexities in any deployment environment while addressing municipal regulations regarding the look and size of small cells mounted on streetlights, utility poles and buildings.
According to Infonetics’ Small Cell and LTE Backhaul Strategies survey, respondents expected that by 2016, in-building and outdoor small cells are expected to handle 25 percent of all mobile traffic. PTP 650S excels in small cell deployments in urban hot spot environments with high data traffic, as well as lower small-cell density installations in rural communities. By addressing the unique backhaul needs of the growing small cell market, PTP 650S is a prime addition to Cambium Networks’ field-proven, reliable PTP portfolio.
This new wireless backhaul solution features the company’s signature technologies and design that make deployment and return on investment equally swift:
- Flexible non-line-of-sight (NLOS) installations are made possible by 2×2 multiple-input multiple-output orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (MIMO-OFDM) and Dynamic Spectrum Optimization (DSOTM) technologies. With high spectral efficiency to combat RF and self-interference; immediate support for 4.9, 5.2, 5.4 and 5.8 GHz frequencies, and future support of 2.6 and 3.5 GHz; PTP 650S is exactly what small cell network architects need to confidently deploy in NLOS environments.
- Quick, cost-effective implementation is supported by small form factor, built-in alignment tools for easy installation, low power consumption and flexible management interfaces that allow service providers to plan, deploy, monitor and support their networks while keeping costs low. Once online, fast Adaptive Modulation (AMOD) analyzes changing field conditions, greatly increasing link reliability and efficiency.
- Support for 3G and 4G/LTE network timing standards (IEEE 1588v2 and Synchronous Ethernet) offers network operators the ability to meet the performance and security requirements of their current service level agreements, while also provisioning for the future expansion needs of their small cell networks.
- Scalable capacity is achieved with a simple software upgrade that increases each PTP link’s capacity as needed from 125 Mbps (lite) to 250 Mbps (mid) to 450 Mbps (full).
- Reliability is assured with PTP 650S, as it is with all of Cambium Networks’ products. PTP 650s was rigorously tested in extreme physical environments to ensure 99.999 percent availability. This equates to less than five minutes of downtime annually. Additionally, PTP 650S architecture optimizes available airside capacity, ensuring a high packet-per-second (PPS) rate.
In addition to small cell backhaul, PTP 650s is suited for video surveillance; for use in private networks installed for hospital, academic and hospitality industry campuses; and for deployment anywhere short-range NLOS links are required.
“Performance, reliability, scalability and agility are the cornerstones of all of our platforms. In PTP 650S, we have given all of these qualities a boost with built-in technologies: dynamic spectrum optimization (DSO), IEEE 1588v2, Synchronous Ethernet, and dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 support to name a few,” said Scott Imhoff, vice president of product management, Cambium Networks. “With small cell networks continuing to proliferate and require additional support, in addition to the need for flexible platforms to suit global connectivity spanning industries and applications, the timing for PTP 650S’s release couldn’t be better.”
PTP 650S is now available on every continent through Cambium Networks’ distributors.
PTP 650, PMP 450 and ePMPTM will all be exhibited at Cambium Networks’ booth (Hall 7, Stand #7B41) at Mobile World Congress, February 24-27, 2014.
Product page with image gallery: PTP 650S
Cambium Networks Technology: Watch the video
Dynamic Spectrum Optimization: Read the white paper
MIMO-OFDM: Read the article
About Cambium Networks:
Cambium Networks is a leading global provider of wireless broadband solutions that connect the unconnected. Through its extensive portfolio of reliable, scalable and secure wireless broadband point-to-point (PTP) and point-to-multipoint (PMP) platforms, Cambium Networks makes it possible for all service providers; enterprises; governmental and military agencies; oil, gas and utility companies; Internet service providers; and public safety networks to build powerful, easily sustainable communications networks. The company currently has over four million of its access and backhaul radios deployed in thousands of demanding networks in more than 150 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago and with R&D centers in the U.S., Ashburton, U.K. and Bangalore, India, Cambium Networks sells through a range of trusted global distributors. For more information, visit: www.cambiumnetworks.com and www.connectingtheunconnected.org.
GolinHarris for Cambium Networks – Sara Ball